ok, grab onto yo’ mouse and let’s boogie . . .
(i think it’s the same in cs as with the crap version i use)
1. create a new layer – the layer will be selected by default
- i’ll assume you have an image open (-;
2. change the layer type to “overlay”
3. fill with 50% grey – edit-fill . . .
you can see this on the layer thumbnail (nothing will happen to the image)
4. switch to the brush tool, start with a nice soft edge brush
and set the opacity to around 20% to start
5. use black to burn, white to dodge (select at the bottom of the tool bar . . .)
6. start painting on the overlay. yo!
7. use the layer opacity to attenuate if too intense
8. you can also use the gaussian blur filter to soften the effects . . .
after you play with one it’s easy.
tomorrow we selectively add filters using the alpha channel (-:
ok, since it’s your birthday dear . . . you may regret asking http://jazzmo.livejournal.com/57037.html